An introduction to the traditional Shipibo-Konibo culture, focusing on ancestral knowledge and ancient healing songs.
- B = breakfast, L = lunch or box-lunch, D = dinner.
- B – L – D
Day 1: Lima
Arrival in the capital of Peru, Lima. Pick up and welcome by our Trek Altitude team. Transportation to the hotel in the peaceful neighborhood of Miraflores.
Day 2: Lima – Cantagallo – Miraflores
This day, we dedicate it to a first contact with the Shipibo people settled in the city of Lima, we first visit the historic center of Lima, we go a little north, to the neighborhood of Cantagallo in the district of Rimac, to visit the community settlement of the Shipibo people in Lima. We visit a Shipibo art workshop, we find all kinds of handicrafts, looms, necklaces, paintings, clothes with kené designs. Return to our hotel.
Day 3: Lima – Pucallpa
Transfer to the airport to board the flight Lima/Pucallpa. Arrival to the capital of the Amazonian department of Ucayali, reception and transfer to the hotel. Located at 150 meters above sea level, in Quechua and Shipiba languages, Pucallpa means “Red Land”. In the afternoon, we will visit the city, its streets, the central square, the clock, the market. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 4: Pucallpa – Shipibo Community of Santa Clara
Early in the morning, we move to the Shipibo Community of Santa Clara de Yarinacocha, one hour of transportation by a sandy trail.Welcome with traditional Shipibo dances thanks to the participation of the Youth Association. Presentation of the villagers who will host the tourists. Workshop of traditional clothing designs and Shipibo drawings.Afternoon classes: Ancestral knowledge + ethnobotanical garden visit. Overnight at the inhabitant’s house.
B- L – D
Day 5: Shipibo Community of Santa Clara
Morning Shipiba pottery classes., we learn a little about the art of Shipiba pottery, designs and manufacturing technique.In the afternoon we take some classes of Shipibo ancestral knowledge:
- Philosophical thinking of the ancient traditional doctors of the Shipibo.
- Konibo people-Traditional medicine and healing poetics of Shipibo songs.
- Shipibo Healing Chants experience if the client requires it.It must be scheduled in advance. The chanting takes place at night, it is a unique chanting, from a Shipibo doctor to a patient.
Night in the home of an inhabitant
B – L – D
Day 6: Shipibo Community of Santa Clara – Pucallpa
Farewell to our guests and new friends, we leave for the city of Pucallpa. Arrival at the hotel. Afternoon free, possibility to take a boat ride on the Ucayali river. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 7: Pucallpa – Lima
Transfer to the airport to board the flight Pucallpa/Lima. Arrival, reception, transfer to the hotel. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 8: Lima / OUT
Transfer to the airport to board the flight Lima/…
END OF OUR SERVICES
Price Per Person in Private Service
|BASE||02/03 PAXS||04/05 PAXS||06/07 PAXS||08 PAXS|
|PRICE PER PAX||1,070 USD||910 USD||860 USD||820 USD|
Single room supplement : 260 USD
- Hotels 3*UP and 4* or similar, based on double room + breakfast
- Night at the inhabitant’s house in Santa Clara
- Full board in the Community of Santa Clara
- Meals as mentioned above
- Transfers indicated
- Excursions mentioned
- Workshops of ceramics, clothing and painting, philosophical thought of the ancient traditional doctors of the Shipibo-Konibo people
- Healing chants if required by the client, programmed in advance
- Inglish-speaking local guides in private service
- Services not mentioned
- Airplane tickets domestic flights Lima/Pucallpa/Lima = 02 coupons
- Personal expenses, drinks and tips
- Food not mentioned
3 * UP AND 4 * HOTELS OR SIMILAR:
Lima, Miraflores, Hotel el Carmel, https://hotelcarmel.com.pe/
Pucallpa, Casa Andina, https://www.casa-andina.com/es/home-pucallpa